2 large sweet potatoes
2-3 tablespoons of cornstarch
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Sriracha Sauce (or to taste… I happen to add a great big squeeze!)
Fries – Preheat oven to 425°
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into fries no thicker than 1/2″. Soak in water for minimum of one hour, but preferably for half a day.
- Drain water from bowl and lift fries out by the handful. Give them a good shake. They should be dry but still have enough moisture on them to allow the cornstarch to stick.
- Put cornstarch in a plastic bag and drop all of your fries in. Blow a little air into the bag, twist the top and shake it vigorously. Lift the fries out onto one or two baking sheets.
- Coat with Olive Oil. The more the crispier and less sticking you’ll have, but the less healthy they’ll be. Use 2 pans if you have to. You want to make sure the fries aren’t crowded on the pan otherwise they’ll steam as opposed to getting crispy.
- Bake for 15 minutes then check. Once bottom of fries are getting crisp, flip them over and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
*For deep frying follow the first 3 steps, but instead of baking them, put them in the deep fryer at it’s highest setting for a few minutes.*
Mix together mayo, pepper and Sriracha sauce. Adjust to your taste.
Baking is a great and fun way to pass time! It is a science and art that requires patience. Creating a recipe is actually quite difficult, with many failures along the way!