- Caramel candies
- 2 tbs water
- Popsicle sticks
- Crushed peanuts, pretzels, and/or chocalte candies (opt.)
1. Prepare your ingredients. Unwrap your caramel candies, wash, dry and stick popsicle sticks in your apples, and place your toppings in either a bowl or plate.
2. In a small saucepan, put your caramel candies and 2 tbs water. Melt your caramel, stirring frequently. NO lumps, and don't let it burn, or it will get bitter. Turn off the heat and ready your apples.
3. Dip your apples in the caramel sauce, and then your toppings (opt.). Work quickly, as to not let your caramel set.
4. Once all your apples are coated, place them on a pan with parchement paper, and put in the fridge. This helps the caramel cool off, so your don't have a sticky, caramel mess when you eat them!
Baking is a great and fun way to pass time! It is a science and art that requires patience. Creating a recipe is actually quite difficult, with many failures along the way!