Another great dish today, but instead of dessert, its pAstA time!
Prep: 5 mins Cook: 25 mins Total: 30 mins Author: Joanna Cismaru Serves: 4
- 12 oz uncooked pasta of your choice
- 6 slices bacon cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 large leeks cleaned and sliced thin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup heavy cream 35%
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Save 1 cup of pasta water.
2. Cook the bacon according to how crisp you like it. Transfer bacon to towel lined plate to soak up fat after cooking. Save 1 tbsp of fat, discard the rest.
3. Make the sauce. Heat to medium and add leeks, pepper, and salt. Stirring occasionally until softened, about 3 minutes. Pour in heavy cream and cook for 2 more minutes or until slightly thickened.
4. Finish the dish. Add the cooked pasta, Parmesan cheese, bacon, 1/2 cup of the pasta water, and remaining pepper to the skillet. Toss everything until the pasta is well coated. If the pasta starts getting too dry, keep in mind it will soak up that sauce as it start to cool a bit, add the remaining 1/2 cup of pasta water, or as much as needed.
Have fun baking!
Baking is a great and fun way to pass time! It is a science and art that requires patience. Creating a recipe is actually quite difficult, with many failures along the way!