Hear me out on this one, okay? Your own personal chocolate cake made in less than five minutes; amazing right? You don't have to attempt to bake and decorate an entire cake, AND no one has to know you made it...
If you haven't had a mug cake before, I recommend you go try it, seriously. It's so simple.
This recipe is from My Lil' Ricardo
Preparation: 5 mins | Cooking: 45 seconds | Cooling: 2 mins | Makes: 1
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) baking powder
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) milk
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) canola oil (you can also use melted butter or margarine for more flavour)
- 1 drop vanilla extract
- as many semisweet chocolate chips as you like
Combine all ingredients in the largest mug you have (to prevent spillage) with a fork, mixing until everything is combined and smooth. But don't mix for too long, otherwise your cake will turn out very dense.
Cook for about 45 seconds, you may need a longer baking time if your mug is bigger. Let the cake cool for about 2-3 minutes to allow it to finish cooking.
- If you want a bigger mug cake, feel free to double or triple to recipe as needed.
- If you would like a stronger chocolate taste, add 1/2 tsp of instant coffee powder, and/or drizzle chocolate syrup on top.
Baking is a great and fun way to pass time! It is a science and art that requires patience. Creating a recipe is actually quite difficult, with many failures along the way!