Ok, before we even start with this recipe, I know it's a little early for Christmas. But if you know me, I love Winter, and Christmas. Therefore, I thought why not start early? I found this recipe of a blog called Recipe Girl, and the name is self explanatory. It is a blog filled with recipes. If you are ever trying to find an interesting recipe to make, I would recommend that website for sure!
1 cup of packed brown sugar
6 tablespoons of butter
2 large eggs
1 and 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of buttermilk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 cups of powdered sugar
1/2 cup of cream cheese
1/8 teaspoon of peppermint extract
crushed candy canes
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2.Place brown sugar and butter in a bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes or until well combined.
3.Add eggs to brown sugar and butter mixture and beat well.
4.In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. Add dry ingredients to the brown sugar, and butter mixture, alternating each time with buttermilk. Begin and end with flour.
6.Finish the cake mixture with the vanilla.
7. Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups, and bake for 10-14 minutes.
8.Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
9. Remove cupcakes from muffin tin, and leave to cool on a wire rack
10. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, cream cheese, and peppermint extract. Stir until smooth.
11. Frost cupcakes and finish with the crushed candy cane.
All credit go to Recipe Girl.
Baking is a great and fun way to pass time! It is a science and art that requires patience. Creating a recipe is actually quite difficult, with many failures along the way!